Thursday, September 1, 2011

Week Three is Complete

Well, the bats will soon be visiting my library! This week we read Bats at the Library by Brian Lies, love this book! So next week we will have bats all over the library! The children got to check out their first library book this week. We review how to take care of their library book when they are at home. It is always an exciting time for them! But a wreck of the library, LOL! I had one student empty three sections of my free standing bookcase and 'shelf' the books! I have just finished finding all the 'missing' books! I have never had a child do that before!
It was fun to listen to the girls in the Reading Castle playing librarian, and going over book care rules. I truly love my job, no matter how tired I get and even frustrated at times, a child will say something or do something or just a look to make me smile an realize why I do what I do! Being a kindergarten librarian is the best job ever!!!

No comments: